Gene Wensel's Whitetail Secrets
Introduction - About Gene Wensel
- Introduction - About Gene Wensel
- What do you think are the most common misconception about whitetails?
- What is your scouting process when you acquire a new property?
- You have a 180" buck loosely patterned in the early season, but the landowner only gives you one week to hunt the property, what week would you choose?
- How often do you check your game cameras? Do you feel there is a point where you check them too much and can negatively affect deer movements?
- What percentage of your time is spent scouting vs. actually hunting?
- You have been hunting whitetails for over 40 years. What do you see as the biggest change in deer behavior?
- What are your thoughts on genetically modified deer?
- What is the top mistake deer hunters make?
- How would you go about hunting a property in North Carolina, or New York?
- Celebrity Deer Hunters are all the rage on hunting TV, do you watch these shows? Any of them you like? Dislike?
- What is your opinion on using deer urines in mock scrapes?
- What is your opinion on QDM?
- How close will you place a stand to a deer's bedding area?
- Are Midwest states killing too many does?
- Do you ever plant food plots? How about habitat improvement projects?
- Should more states require antler restrictions like Pennsylvania has done?
- Public land in Iowa, or Private land in New Jersey â€“ which would you choose?
- What are your thoughts on these new Ozone machines that deer hunters are buying?
- Do you feel leasing has helped or hurt whitetail hunting? How about whitetail hunters?
- Are you surprised the Pope and Young Club world record whitetail is still unbroken?
- Looking back on your early years and early writings, is there anything you've realized you were dead wrong about?
- Tell us about your ideal stand placement?
- What are your thoughts on deer calls and rattling?
- Have you ever used a mechanical broadhead while deer hunting?
- How do you see the future of whitetail deer hunting?