Code of Conduct for Bowsite.com, Stickbow.com Conferences
The popularity of our interactive forums necessitate a list of rules that all contributors to this forum must adhere to. These rules are to ensure respect for fellow visitors is maintained at all times and so Bowsite.com remains a valuable, friendly, and credible bowhunting resource.
Contributors to our interactive features must agree to our rules in order to post. The rules are incontestable. People found in violation of this code may have their privilege revoked. Repeat offenders may be banned from visiting our sites.
There are a number of editors who monitor this forum. While we strive for fairness and objectivity, editing is a subjective process which may sometimes seem inconsistent. We can not catch every violation and for this reason, we ask that you assist us by reporting violators. Posts that are visible do not necessarily mean that they have been reviewed by our editors and meet our criteria for acceptance.
The staff of Bowsite, Stickbow and DeerBuilder reserve the right to remove any post, topic, or person for any reason we see fit.
RULES for Contributors
- No Profanity. This includes cursing, sexual innuendo, vulgar statements
- Ethical Persecution is not allowed - Public submissions which criticize other hunters for what they hunt, where they hunt, or how they hunt are not allowed.
- No Threatening, harassing, or abusive remarks.
- No discussion, or challenge, to our editing policy are allowed within the conferences.
- No topics and/or statements which could be used to reflect poorly on archery and/or bowhunting.Since the Bowsite is visited frequently by anti-hunting organizations and non-hunting individuals, we feel it is necessary to remove those topics or statements which could be used against us, or tarnish our image. While the contributors original intent (e.g. an example of "what not to do") may be good-intentioned, if it can assist in presenting poor image to the media for our sport it will be removed.
- No Advertising - This includes both commercial, nonprofit, and classified ads. We have programs available for organizations, commercial businesses, and an extensive FREE classified ad section. Sponsors of the Bowsite and our related sites are granted permission to advertise their goods and services on our conferences. An ad is defined as any post, topic, or blatant attempt to solicit business. An individual may respond, however, to a question on how to contact a business along with responses to inquiries on products or services. Suspicious contributions will be removed at the staffs' discretion.
- Topics must be related to the forum. No off-topic posting allowed.This means that while in the whitetail forum, only topics directly related to bowhunting whitetail deer will be allowed. For example, a question on tuning your bow posted in the bear forum is not allowed. See the forum guidelines below.
- Contributors who are argumentative, intolerant, confrontational, and lack respect for others will be removed. While debate is often healthy, habitual debaters and people who seek confrontation will be removed and potentially blocked from making future contributions. This is necessary to ensure a positive experience for the great majority of our visitors.
- Anonymous Registrations are Prohibited - People who register for our services under assumed or "bogus" names will be removed.
- Libel and Slander - You are solely responsible for your comments and content posted on Bowsite.com, Stickbow.com, DeerBuilder.com and Bowhunting.TV.